- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Service Desk Manager
A Service Desk Manager is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in London.
Rate: £621.25 umbrella per day (inside IR35)
The key activities in this role include:
- Managing the Service Desk effectively, with timely response to all incidents and service requests;
- Ensuring the Service Management System meets current operational requirements and is upgraded/enhanced in accordance with IT strategy and business drivers;
- Maintaining appropriate resource levels for IT Service Desk, Desktop Support and Application support functions throughout business operating hours;
- Managing the team to provide effective and informed support to core business activities and being aware of issues at the earliest stage;
- Ensuring any problems or issues with core business applications are identified, communicated and resolved or escalated in line with business priority;
- Providing assurance that all changes to the production environment are pre-agreed with users as necessary and timed to avoid potential conflict with business operations;
- Ensuring the integrity of all IT environments (production and non-production);
- Ensure an effective and fit for purpose configuration management process exists and is followed as part of change management;
- Managing an effective and fit for purpose incident and problem management process exists and is followed;
- Reviewing, approving and overseeing changes to IT environments (production & non-production).
· Excellent professional work experience gained in a similar role leading a service desk supporting the desktop and infrastructure needs of an active client base in either the public or private sectors;
· Previous experience of managing datacentre setup and associated issues including networks, internet circuits and supporting the resolution of issues quickly and effectively in an active business environment;
· Experience of liaising with third party technical strategic partners and stakeholders in order to resolve issues and to secure the best quality service to the organisation;
· Experience with leading and developing a small specialist team to ensure that exacting business requirements are fully supported;
· Experience in conveying technical issues in a straightforward way to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Essential knowledge for this role will include a comprehensive understanding of the Microsoft environment, Quantum or other similar financial/trading system, VM Ware, Virtual machines, Servers, Databases (Oracle, SQL, and Scripting), Telephony, Application Servers (Configuration), Client Application (Configuration), Packaging techniques (Altiris) and Microsoft TFS for production, UAT and test environments;
- Good understand of Office 365 technology and ability to manage resolution of issues;
- IT knowledge in the following areas: IT infrastructure set up, networking, storage and backup solutions, mobile device management, telephony systems and virtualisation;
- Providing support to the organisation's infrastructure, including regular patching work as required;
- Supporting financial applications (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Swift);
- Project management;
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently using skills acquired in previous roles;
- Ability to contribute to the continuous improvement of the teams' methods and processes.
- Strong commitment to providing a quality service throughout business operating hours and out of core hours;
- Strong inter-personal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels (both verbal and written);
- Proven planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, and deliver work to a high standard;
- Good team player, with positive attitude to work;
- Highly structured, organised and meticulous approach to work with a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes to very tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high quality outputs;
- Bringing a professional and enthusiastic approach to your work and a proactive approach to new challenges;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment including across different teams;
- Ability to work flexibly including capacity to: (i) alter work priorities rapidly/at short notice; and (ii) be responsive to the requirements of key stakeholders.
Working days are 5 days a week Mon-Fri excluding public holidays.
Standard working hours are 36 hours per week (7 hours and 12 minutes per day) excluding lunch breaks, subject to the below:
The candidate's daily working hours can be discussed at the interview.
- To ensure full support to the operations, Service Desk must be covered within the hours 06:30 - 18:30, split into 3 support shift patterns (06:30-14:30, 10:30-18:30 and 09:00-17:00) on a rota basis.
The role requires SC level security clearance. Preference will be given for candidates SC security cleared. However, we will accept exceptional candidates without security clearance on the basis that the successful candidate obtains SC clearance as soon as possible after starting the contract. The client will make the relevant arrangements upon confirmation of the job offer.
This role is within scope of the IR35.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.