- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
A leading diy retailer is on the lookout for an Engineering manager to lead the digital strategy
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the line management, performance and productivity of all direct reports onsite and will work with the Head of Engineering and subsequent peers as an owner of the Engineering capability, pipelines and strategy.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to manage and organise the workload of self and others to meet programme and budget targets and deliver agreed commercial outcomes.
- Cross functional awareness to ensure ability to work with stakeholders and extended commercial aspects of the business.
- Developer / engineering background in web and/or app based technologies (or experience in equal measure). Can provide constructive feedback based on knowledge.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the direct line and career management of all the digital engineering teams onsite.
- Works effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that solutions are delivered on time and within budget whilst maintaining high levels of quality at all times.
- Actively contribute and own the engineering strategy for Kingfisher Digital, working with all stakeholders to ensure we maintain standards and pipelines across all sites.
- Provide a point of escalation for Scrum Masters & Lead Developers to provide traction to unblock more difficult issues.
- Work closely with IT Operations to ensure maximum availability.
- Work closely with the Digital Test Manager to identify key process improvements and work collaboratively to resolve these
- Coach Engineering teams on using Agile methodologies effectively.
- Develop strong relationships with our key stakeholders to communicate out our commitment to continuous improvement.
- Working in collaboration with other Kingfisher colleagues to deliver solutions that maximise business value.
- Programme level management of teams, outcomes and values.