- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
IT Field Engineer
Looking for a Technical individual to join our team of project deployment. The individual must provide professional and friendly service while taking ownership of a small team, deploying new Desktops and Laptops across 100+ GP Practices.
- Taking a flexible approach on contractual deadlines with on-site support methods.
- To develop an in-depth knowledge of all local and national IT systems, hardware and software and telephony systems.
- To support all customers across the current regions. To develop knowledge and understanding of how GP Sites are setup within Arden and GEM and adapting to any 3rd Party resources used on site, to effectively deliver patient care across Lincolnshire.
- Manage and participate in the support of IT systems and projects having a detailed knowledge of systems and infrastructure required to diagnose and resolve complex integrated service issues, such as: Microsoft operating systems and applications, configuration of network printers, endpoint updates issues, infrastructure installations, complex hardware and software installs, Anti-Virus Support, Cabinet patching, clinical system support, VPN remote access support.
- Using technical abilities to ensure issues are resolved quickly or escalated to the appropriate team or specialist. This applies to both technical issues, complaints and staff disputes.
- Responsible for installation and/or repair and maintenance of physical assets and demonstrating and training the safe user to end users.
- Day to day supervision of more junior staff to meet workload demands and appropriate skill mix. Provide training and guidance / shadowing for new starters within the department.
- To participate in testing of IM&T systems proposed for use within the team or wider organisation as required.
- Good Working Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MS Office applications
- Full driving licence
- Ability to analyse data from various sources in order to make an informed decision
- Experience of supporting current Microsoft networking technologies including active directory
- Be familiar with ITIL V3 service management principles Experience in an IT service desk Environment
- Degree in relevant IT subject or equivalent experience
- Possess an industry recognised customer service qualification Foundation certificate in ITIL Service management
- Technical Qualifications such as MCSE, MCP or A+ Certification
This role is paying up to 15.86 ph via PAYE
Applicants need to have a full UK Driving license and access to a car (Millage paid)
Hours are between 8am - 6pm shifts (37.5 hr week - Full time)
Between the hours of 8am - 10pm negotiable - Part Time (not weekends)
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.