- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Infrastructure Engineer - Edinburgh - Hybrid working - up to -£48k plus on shift allowance
Excellent progression and career prospects within this global business.
An Infrastructure Engineer job role for our client based in Edinburgh The infrastructure engineer will be joining an already established infrastructure team who operate at the heart of the client services capability whilst at the same time playing an integral part of the ongoing day to day efficiency of their network and infrastructure systems.
What will you be doing?
The infrastructure engineer will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Infrastructure Engineer will need the following skills and experience:
* Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
* Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
* Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 - 2016, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
* General knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
* General knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
Hybrid working environment, offering up to £48k plus on shift allowance.