- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Overall purpose of the role The Programme Management Office (PMO) provides the central 'hub' for the projects and programmes within the Programme Delivery portfolio.
Delivery lifecycle governance
Reporting and analytics
Assurance / quality control
Toolkit, standards, processes and templates The PMO Analyst supports the Programme Delivery team, Business, IT, project, programmes and portfolio delivery by providing PMO services.
Scope of role
1. Capture and manage demand through the delivery lifecycle processes, from idea through to closure. Set up projects and support the reporting of the portfolio demand.
2. Review adoption of the Delivery lifecycle, standards and processes identifying gaps and actions for projects and programmes to be compliant.
3. Resource demand management: tracking and reporting demand and assignment for the portfolio, identifying options where shortfalls or conflicts arise. Maintain information for joiners, leavers, BAU and pipeline.
4. Financial management: tracking, reporting, analytics, purchase order and invoice process, financial systems updates
5. Support project, programme and portfolio level reporting, including analytics to identify issues, trends, gaps and improvements required.
6. Track and report risks, issues, changes and dependencies at a project, programme and portfolio level.
7. Maintenance of the delivery lifecycle, processes, standards and templates. Perform administration of tools used in PMO.
8. Support regular project, programme and portfolio reviews. Complete audit actions.
9. Facilitate post project reviews, capturing lessons learnt and actioning continuous improvements across the delivery communities.
Major accountabilities of role (6-10 short statements) Approx % of time spent in role
1. Regular project, programme and portfolio reviews. 15%
2. Planning, reporting, control and analytics: demand, resources, financials, risks, issues, changes, dependencies, post project reviews and lessons learnt. 45%
3. Prioritisation: identifying gaps, conflicts and options and co-ordinating decisions. 15%
4. Relationship management: Programme Delivery, IT and Business. 10%
5. Development and maintenance of governance processes and standards. 10%
6. Development and administration of tools used in PMO. 5% Experience and capability requirements
Project management experience
PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent certification
Strong demonstrable experience of scoping and delivering PMO services
Experience of the full delivery lifecycle and project management tools and techniques.
Experience of managing resource demand and assignment, identifying opportunities and risks
Experience of financial management including tracking and reporting, purchase orders, invoicing and finance system updates
Experience of project, programme and portfolio reviews, reporting and analytics
Knowledge of PMO and PM tools
Regulated industry exposure is a bonus Capability:
Strong customer centric approach
Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
Ability to conduct comprehensive project status reviews including cost, quality, schedule, dependencies and risk
Strong stakeholder management (IT and Business)
Ability to influence and motivate others in IT and Business
Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Excellent attention to detail
Strives to do the right thing not just the easy thing
Fostering an environment of best practise, information sharing, cross training and process improvement
Ability to deal with an evolving governance environment and manage ambiguity to satisfactory outcomes
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.