- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Junior Network Engineer - NHS - Sheffield - 3 months initially - £17.64 an hour via umbrella
You will need to have expertise in one or more of the following:
- Supporting enterprise network infrastructure and services
- Supporting the connectivity of enterprise wireless client devices
- Supporting WAN connectivity to remote sites
- Network management and administration, alerting and reporting using modern protocols
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist in the development of network infrastructure services in line with the requirements of departmental policies, practices and documentation standards.
- To maintain and modify network infrastructure services in order to ensure they remain reliable and fit for purpose.
- To support the wider network team:
- To manage a wide spectrum of service requests to completion.
- To react and resolve incidents in a timely manner assigned at 3rd line through incident management.
- To manage and escalate incidents to third parties or internal specialists when appropriate.
- To perform service requests to agreed and documented standards.
- To assist the Service Desk and Service Support Teams with all aspects of service transition, change management and release management in connection with the development and introduction of new network services.
- To provide assistance to the Senior Network Engineers where required.
- At least 12 months practical experience of working in a large enterprise IT environment (NHS preferable)This could be part of a placement.
- Management of Incident and Service calls.
- Ability to analyse technical information and symptoms in order to troubleshoot the root cause of IT related incidents
- Methodical and systematic in approach to all aspects of work
- Commitment to continued personal development
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information to peers and to a non-technical audience
- Advanced keyboard skills