- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Server Engineer
Senior Server Engineer - Malvern based - SC clearance - £60K p/a
Job Title: Senior Server Engineer
Job Location: Malvern
NB: Hold current SC
About the role:
Working across a range of projects, the Senior Server Engineer will bring leadership to the current team at Malvern across MS Servers. In this hands on role, the successful candidate will lead a team of engineers, take responsible for the allocation of workload, oversee projects and take the lead on higher complexity work. You will be setting up new servers, supporting current systems, upgrades, and patching. This is a typical Senior Server Engineer role, where you will need Windows Server, Virtualisation & VMWare experience.
What will I be doing?
- Leading a team of Server Engineers
- Deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Running lock downs based on Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Preference Extensions
- Designing and building VMWare and Microsoft Server.
- Requirements capture for IT systems
- System design for IT systems
- Configuration of servers and other IT equipment
- Providing IT support to customers and users
- Experience of IT integration
- Systems engineering in an IT environment
- Systems integration (Including networking requirements for a server infrastructure)
What do I need?
- The Senior Server Engineer will need broad IT Infrastructure experience including Virtualisation, VMWare & Windows Server.
- You must have experience working as a senior member of staff, able to provide leadership to a teams of experienced and junior members of staff.