- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
IM Solution Architect Infrastructure Programmes
IM Solution Architect - Infrastructure Programmes - based in Stevenage / Bolton / Bristol - perm paying competitive rates plus great benefits.
We have the opportunity to join an award-winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
"Recognised within the Sunday Times Best 25 Big Companies to work for 2019!" Are you looking for a successful, innovative company? Are you looking for flexibility and a great work life balance? Are you interested in working with a range of innovative technology products to ensure they operate in the harshest of environments when people's lives depend on them?
This role represents a new way of working for our IT team, embedding people with deep experience of digital technologies within our engineering and commercial business functions. It exists to distil and develop an understanding of how technology can aid and catalyse our major projects, then transform this into an execution plan to be managed through to delivery. It is a hybrid role, combining IT enterprise architecture, business analysis from a digital perspective and project management.
What we're looking for
* Extensive experience of IT architecture across back office, networking, collaboration and application systems in a business-facing role.
* A track record of delivery in IT services in a multi-vendor, multi-partner outsourced operations environment in a defence setting.
* Proven expertise revealing the real functional needs to support a project group in an engineering context and translating this into comprehensive requirements statements appropriate to the delivery domain, whilst maintaining a cohesive overall technical plan.
* Understanding of Agile processes for engineering and IT project delivery.
What's in it for you?
* Exposure to business functions and real product development projects from an IT role
* Accompanying a major defence project through to delivery
* Benefits Package
* *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
Whilst business-facing, this role is based within the Network Solutions and Development team within our IT organisation. This is a small and tightly-focused group of experienced and talented individuals, whose aim is to find novel or non-standard solutions to challenging problems which fall outside the mainline IT service offering. Emphasis is on creativity, commitment to delivery and enjoying "difficult".