- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Business process Software Engineer
Business Process Software Engineer - Clevedon based (onsite) - 12 Month FTC
Business Process Software Engineer - 1 year contract
To improve the data integrity, quality & functionality of existing business critical software tools which overlay the MRP system. In addition, the role is to prepare / amend / modify / create applications to support our pending implementation of the SAP ERP system. The Developer will support improvement of processes in Clevedon. There are no reports.
- Review, debug, compile, rework our existing MRW1 and other MS Access, TSQL & DB2 SQL based critical business software's to ensure these software's are robust, accurate and fully documented
- To impart system, process and software knowledge to team members throughout the duration of the employment.
- The software processes and the business processes will need to be documented in line with the actual business and software process. The system outputs will need to be tested and validated.
- To ensure that all re-written or new code is done using defensive coding techniques and well structured, good quality code in accordance with our internal coding standard.
- To support our transition to SAP including, Data extraction, data manipulation & clean-up. New tools to support any identified gaps
- MRW = 'Mapics Report Writer' which is an MS Access & MS SQL application which supports our existing ERP system (Our ERP system is 'MAPICS' which runs on an AS400). We are currently in the process of implementing SAP ERP which will replace MAPCIS. Some MRW functionality will need to be transitioned to work with SAP
Skills and experience:
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English with the ability to explain complex issues in non-technical language
- Coaching, listening and questioning skills
- Demonstrates strong self-awareness and self-regulation especially under times of pressure
- High levels of self-motivation with the ability to see projects and tasks through to completion
- Shows empathy when dealing with people who may be working in difficult situations
- Strong social skills with the ability to positively motivate others
- Knowledge of the ERP process would be an advantage
- Creative, Tenacious, Out of the box thinker, Can-do attitude, Professional, Communicator at all levels, Motivated, Ambitious, Self-starter, Positive outlook, Excellent team engagement
- Business or technically based degree is preferable.
- Must be a strong team player who is willing to work co-operatively with others. The developer is expected to respect other team members viewpoints and adopt a flexible approach to match style with other team members, existing software & internal standards
- PC skills:
- Expert level of MS Access development
- Expert level of VBA including ADO, DAO, ODBC technologies, Error handling
- Expert level of TSQL including DDL & DML, Stored Procedures, Functions, Jobs, Error handling
- Knowledge of DB2 SQL
- Advanced level of MS Excel including Macros & automation
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint & MS Word