- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Emergency Call Handler - NHS
Emergency Call Handler - NHS - (Training Given)
Shift Work, 4 days on, 4 days off - 12 hours a day
£10.40 an hour PAYE (weekdays), £13.62 an hour PAYE (evenings and Saturdays), £17.05 an hour PAYE (Bank Holidays and Sundays)
Working in Bedford, Chelmsford or Norwich
You will form part of a team of Call Handlers who will normally provide the first point of contact with telephone callers to this NHS Organisation, on a 24/7 basis, working rotating shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer operational calls that come into the Emergency Operations Centre.
- Utilise the chosen clinical triage software system in order to prioritise calls as soon as possible.
- Enter information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system accurately and promptly.
- Provide pre-arrival advice to callers where appropriate.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills.
- Customer service experience with effective listening skills. 4 GCSEs
- Key board skills & computer literate
- Experience of call centre environment would be desirable but not essential