- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Our client is shaping the next era of the security industry by helping companies tackle cybercrimes. The mission is to redefine next-gen of cyber threat detection using the power of entity context, machine learning, and big data.
As a market leader in the growing space of security analytics, our client's products are used by some of the largest organizations in the financial, healthcare, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and federal sectors. We deliver innovative security analytics and operations management platforms to keep advanced cyber threats in check, and their awards collection shows they do it well.
- Responsible for Managing the Hardware and Software for Kafka and its ecosystem components
- Work with Application teams to gather future requirements to plan the growth of the infrastructure and expand as needed.
- Implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for Kafka.
- Build Automation Capabilities using tools like Terraform (AWS), Ansible, Git runner, Jenkins, etc.
- Kafka security (Kerberos, ACL, SSL, SASL, SCRAM, etc.).
- Research and implement the new capabilities for Enterprise Messaging Services
- Kafka Admin experience in managing critical 24/7 applications and optimizing Kafka for variable workloads
- Lead messaging modeling, persistent data modeling, normalization, transform, migrate, cleanse, and all other aspects relating to data
- Understand implications of data upstream and downstream
- Make key decisions on technology and tools to implement from a data platform technology standpoint
- Thorough understanding of Kafka, producer/consumer/topic technologies and drive implementation of the technology
- Design, build, assemble, and configure application or technical architecture components using business requirements.
- Hands-on experience with Kafka clusters hosted in AWS and on-prem K8 Open Shift platform / Spark
- Experience in building Kafka pipelines using Terraform, Ansible, Cloud formation templates, shells etc.
- Experience in implementing security & authorization (permission based) on Kafka cluster.
- Experience in System Administrators with setting up Kafka platform in provisioning, access lists Kerberos and SSL configurations.
- Experience in setting standards to automate deployments using Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef or Jenkins
- Experience in open source and confluence Kafka, zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry, KSQL, Rest proxy and Kafka Control center.
- Experience in Kafka Mirror Maker or Confluent Replicator
- Experience in High availability cluster setup, maintenance and ongoing 24/7 support
- Establish best practice standards for configuring Source and Sink connectors.
- Hands on experience in standing up and administrating Kafka platform from scratch which includes creating a backup & mirroring of Kafka Cluster brokers, broker sizing, topic sizing, h/w sizing, performance monitoring, broker security, topic security, consumer/producer access management (ACL)
- Knowledge of Kafka API (development experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Demonstrate a product mindset with an ability to set forward thinking and direction.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and present recommendations.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working with high demands and short deadlines that leads to working after hours.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills Not Required, but Preferred:
- Experience with Oracle Streams and/or another real-time streaming solution is a plus.
- Experience in setting up Promethes Grafana or ELK monitoring tools is a plus.
- Experience as Linux (RHEL) /Unix administrator is huge plus.
- Experience in PostgreSQL, SQL Server, No-SQL (Hbase), Oracle, and AWS Cloud is a plus.
- Understanding of or experience supporting .NET / Java application.
- Understanding of or experience with Programming languages like Python, etc is plus.