- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
CE Installation Specialist Fibre
This role is to provide our customers with in-home technical assistance, for instances where service is interrupted and/or of a poor quality and to ensure we have a best-in-class quality of service for our residential and business customers.
The purpose of this role is to provide our customers with in-home technical assistance, for instances where service is interrupted and/or of a poor quality and to ensure we have a best-in-class quality of service for our residential and business customers.
The role reports into the Customer Engineering Supervisor.
It supports our business vision by delivering a friendly, personable service, breaking the mould of the telecom industry's notoriously poor customer experience - our Trustpilot reviews speak for themselves!
Duties and responsibilities
* Installing fibre in customer premises, business and residential, including splicing
* Assisting the CX team with troubleshooting technical queries
* Liaising by phone with the supervisor and CX team to organise sales visits, installations and arrange service calls. To carry out technical support for customers having trouble using or getting the best out of community fibre's internet service.
* To attend and fix fibre breaks inside the customers property.
Qualifications and Experience
* Fibre installation/splicing skills and experience in fibre welcome but not necessary
* Clean driving licence
* Good understanding of WiFi and various broadband capable devices and be able to demonstrate this to customers.
* Good understanding of fibre terminology and able to communicate this effectively to customers as well as colleagues within the business
* Well-presented and able to demonstrate a professional image as the face of the business
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Able to demonstrate empathy with customers and colleagues - personable and friendly
* Calm under pressure and ability to work in a methodical way in a busy environment
* The role is field based, and requires you to visit our subscribers premise to undertake the activation of their requested service.
* You will be expected to conduct yourself professionally at all times. As you will be within our customers home, written and verbal updates must maintain a high standard.
o Email, and instant messaging as appropriate
o Direct, and conference calling as required
o F2F meetings with clients, suppliers, and 3rd parties
o Utilisation of reporting tools, project management applications, Microsoft tools etc.