- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Software Development and Tech Lead - Insurtech (Madrid)
Networkers Technology is part of the Gattaca group, founded in 1984 and listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are leaders in recruitment of Information Technology and Communication profiles.
- Permanent contract directly with client
- Attractive retribution package (base salary + bonus)
- Lunch allowance
- 23 days of holiday a year
- Flexible working hours
- Shorter working days in summer and every Friday
- Christmas basket
- Career progression
For one of the biggest insurtech companies in Europe, specialised in providing technological and digital products and services to their insurance clients, we're looking for a Software Development and Teach Lead to join the team in Madrid. This person will be resposible for assuring projects are done meeting deadlines & quality, and to lead the Development Team.
- Manage several projects at the same time.
- Assume technical lead.
- Make sure Scrum principles are followed in the IT Department.
- Detect and react on blocking events.
- Propose technology transtitions.
- Coordinate the development team (internal and external).
- Close communication with the Front Offices and pre-sales assistance.
Technologies/products you could be working with:
- Java (8, 11)
- Active Directory, LDAP, SAML, SSO, others
- HTML5 + CSS
- SOAP, XML
- REST, JSON, API Gateways, Message Queues
- OOP Design Patterns
- HTTPS, certificates
- GDPR, ISO 27001
- Wildfly/JBoss, Weblogic, Tomcat, others
- SQL Server
- Oracle DB
- MySQL, Other
- Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins, others
- Jira, others
- +10 years' experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish (negotiation level)
- Preferably university degree in Computer Science or similar
- Certified Scrum Master
- Affinity with new technologies and InsurTech (nice to have)
- Ability to think "Out-of-the-box"
- Results Oriented: achieves results within established time lines, commitments are met in a manner that is timely, within budget and to the highest quality standards
- External Awareness: keeps abreast of contemporary working practices and technology solutions; sound practical understanding of legislative impact, opportunities and investment analysis
- Has established a track record of high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards
- Actively manages employee performance
- Solid leadership skills
- Capable of successfully leading people through complex change, pro-active, solid time management skills
- Strong management skills including performance measurement and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to motivate others
- Empowers people to make decisions and gains commitment in others to perform above and beyond