- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Head of Programme & Risk Process Management
Our client, a defence contractor and information services provider, have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Programme & Risk Management Consultant on an interim 6 month contract
Our client, a defence contractor and information services provider, have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Programme & Risk Management Consultant on an interim 6 month contract. This role is suitable for someone with strong experience in defining and implementing key processes and strategy for Programme Governance & Risk Management.
The Head of Programme & Risk Process Management role is a key and varied role, responsible for defining, communicating and implementing an effective Programme delivery strategy that supports increasing the unity of the divisional operations team, employee awareness; supporting business leaders in delivering and upskilling the delivery staff, providing the key link from our Sector to our Division, across each of the businesses in support of achieving our business growth ambition and strategy.
In addition, the role has direct responsibility for cross functional leadership of specific related internal projects and for reporting 'upwards' throughout the wider organisation.
This is a middle-management role, where influence, credibility with stakeholders, exceptional networking/communicating and leadership skills are required in order to navigate the complexities of a large global defence organization, a matrix structure, and diverse technologies.
This position will report to the Divisional Director of Operations, will work alongside the Head of IT and the Head of Business Quality and Assurance.
- Lead the business programme delivery identity, mission, vision, values and goals for the Division
- Maximise financial efficiency gains through sound, robust risk management
- Ensure implementation and adherence of company tools, techniques and templates across each business
- Develop and implement an internal Programme & Risk management strategy across the division that drives to unite the businesses to exceed stated efficiency targets, engage with employees across the globe, communicate key messages and raise the profile of the business leaders
- Be progressive and innovative in the execution of duties
- Provide Programme & Risk management support to leaders across the business
- Development of internal business cases to drive a change or lead the way in programme delivery
- Support the development of thought leaders across the business to help positioning in market place with insightful content
- Support strategic marketing campaigns with operationally relevant input and data analysis
- Support the development of inspiring workspaces/environments for our people and our customers
- Collaboration and Engagement with key internal stakeholders at all levels and across the business
- Support Independent assessment of the Business, for commonality of working practices / processes and adherence to the organisation's policy.
- Establish a continuous culture of improvement, which will drive through efficiencies within all aspects of the business management and operations.
- Delivery through modernisation of the programme delivery function to become more business focused not just compliance focused with a robust, clear, understood appetite for Risk
Essential Requirements for the Role:
- Understand all methods/formats of programme delivery
- Ability to understand and work within a matrix organisation so in time you can know the organisation structure of the business and the parent company
- Ability to work across functions
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set and strive for excellence
- Have an understanding of all areas of the organisation
- Have an understanding of or keen interest in technology
- Possess good interpersonal skills to allow effective collaboration with both front end and technical staff
- Know how to plan an prioritise work to meet team objectives and deadlines
- Understanding of the marketplace and customers issues / operational requirements
- Recognised apprenticeship, appropriate degree or other recognised formal qualification
- Strong, effective leadership, mentoring and conflict resolution skills
- An analytical mind capable of 'out-of-the-box' thinking to solve problems
Role to be mainly remote working with some travel to Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire required.
Rate is in the region of £750-£850 per day, working outside of IR35. Rate flexible depending on experience.
Valid security clearance preferable but BPSS considered, and will need to be completed before start.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.