- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Network Engineer (SC Cleared)
Our client, a defence contractor and information services provider, are requiring an experienced Network Engineer who holds valid SC Clearance.
Our client, a defence contractor and information services provider, are requiring an experienced Network Engineer who holds valid SC Clearance to join them supporting the MOD & RAF on an exciting Communication Systems Project.
The position will be mostly remote working but it will have some travel to 3 RAF sites around the UK. Mainly based out of Alnwick, Northumberland but with some travel also required to Swanwick, Hampshire and High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. All expenses will be paid for all travel.
Our detailed requirements for the Network Architect/Engineer are:
- CCIE qualification and/or ~6 years' experience at a CCNP level;
- Experience in the Enterprise network space, with an understanding of how to integrate to telecoms / service-provider networks;
- Experience with network security, design and troubleshooting, particularly around multicast, QoS and packet level analysis.
- Current SC Clearance.
- Very much a support position, Cisco, Firewalls, Routers and Network experience required.
- The network is already deployed and configured but looking for someone to come in and provide consultancy support, suggest ways of optimizing the system (not much re-design required).
Contract for an initial 3 months, working outside of IR35. Rate flexible depending on experience but in the region of £450 per day LTD.