- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
We are looking for a Software Developer, with experience developing software applications in Java, Python or C#.
This role will involve working on a wide variety of both software and data analytics projects to support the business in developing our digital offerings to clients. This role will be ideally suited to someone who is has a combined interest in both software development and data analytics.
You will have significant experience of scoping, developing, and testing software applications that meet the needs of clients. You will have excellent communications skills, together with the ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from varied backgrounds. You will have a developed a broad range of technical skills that can be used across a range of different projects and technologies and demonstrate a keenness to continually develop your skill set.
The Software Developer/Data Analyst is responsible for:
- Working with clients to capture business requirements.
- Working as part of a team developing software and providing data analytics to meet business needs.
- Developing manual and automated tests to verify software applications are functioning correctly.
- Providing software support, ensuring issues are managed promptly and professionally.
- Supporting bid and proposal work to provide project cost estimates.
- Relevant Degree
Essential Criteria -
- Experience of developing software applications in Java, C# or Python.
- Experience of working with NoSQL/SQL databases.
- Good data analytics skills.
- Good understanding of Agile software development practices, and practical experience of using Agile approaches in real-world projects.
- Experience of manual software testing approaches.
- Experience of Azure technologies and cloud-based architectural patterns.
Desirable Criteria -
- Experience of machine learning/AI and big data platforms.
- Experience of working with Graph Databases or network visualisation type frameworks.
- Experience of using cloud-based analytics in heavy infrastructure domains to support Asset Management (e.g. Highways, Rail Utilities, Oil & Gas, Highways).
- Understanding of Enterprise Asset Management technology solutions (preferably one of Ellipse, Maximo, SAP or Oracle).
- Experience of automated software testing approaches.