- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
Full Stack Dev - Java
Our global financials client is looking for a strong Full Stack Developer with the main focus based on Java Spring.
£800 per day inside IR35.
Someone with finance industry experience would be perfect but not essential.
A Software Engineer supporting the development of our new Clearing & Allocation Platform. This is a new build project, that will use the Microsoft AZURE Infrastructure to develop and deploy a Market Leading solution. As member of the Feature Team, he/ she works in autonomy, which includes the following development tasks:
Design, develop and implement technical solutions in Microsoft Azure environments using Java programming language, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kubernetes & Java Spring boot
Support deconstruction of customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with the Product Owner
Responsible for delivering working code that meets acceptance criteria as well as meets the definition of done at different levels
Responsibilities include writing code, deployment scripts, unit tests, checking code to source code repository, monitoring delivery pipeline activity, to ensure product quality and consistency
Participate in testing, deployment, and production activities of the team to ensure production stability, applying the guidelines provided by the chapters
Experience relevant for this job:
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Experience with java 8
- Sound knowledge of Spring boot or another Java back-end framework, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, & Kubernetes
- AZURE or AWS Development Environment
- Refactoring experience, and resolving technical debt.
- Designing RESTful APIs and integrating third party RESTful APIs.
- Engineering scalable and reliable solutions.
- Working familiarity with code revising and branding, ideally Git.
- Use of common productivity tools.
- Experience with automated testing approaches - test driven development, unit testing, integration testing, and BDD testing.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools.
- Understanding of service oriented architectures and message brokers.