- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
User Experience (UX) Service Designer
User Experience (UX) Service Designer required for a 6 month contract (possibility of being extended) Flexible WFH with some travel within the Merseyside area - up to £590 per day UMB
The User Experience (UX) Service Designer required for a 6 month contract (possibility of being extended) Flexible WFH with some travel within the Merseyside area - up to £590 per day UMB
Working inside of IR35 for a high-profile Government organisation, as User Experience (UX) Service Designer, you will play a key role in defining, building and implementing the future service blueprint for future regulation services
The User Experience (UX) Service Designer is responsible, at a project/programme level, for ensuring that the services delivered to its customers and stakeholders is user centric, insight driven and supports a coherent, consistent and compelling end-to-end experience. You will be a key liaison point, working with other teams across the organisation, to translate user needs into practical user design and user interaction. This role requires the interpersonal skills to establish professional credibility quickly, and the energy and drive to deliver collaborative change
- Lead the development of a blue-print for a number of complex, inter-dependent and inter-related services, that will meet user's needs and business objectives.
- Engage with business, digital, technical and business improvement teams to develop the roadmap for the future user interaction and service design, development and implementation.
- Ensure a coherent, consistent and compelling experience for external and internal service users, across the end-to-end and front-to-back customer journeys, and identify opportunities to interface with the rest of government.
- Collaborate with user researchers (UR) to agree key research activities that will inform service design and to prioritise customer needs using storyboards, journey maps and other tools.
- Create and rapidly iterate both digital and non-digital service prototypes, working with UR and UX to test with users.
- Ensure services are designed to GDS standards and will meet GDS requirements for service assessments, actively participating in the service assessment process.
- Work with business improvement, customer insight, technology, and operations teams to ensure new services are designed and embedded with an iterative continual improvement approach.
- Promote the service design perspective in discussions with teams and stakeholders, providing coaching and training to develop an understanding and culture of user-centered design.
- Act as an ambassador for user interaction and service design. Develop, translate and communicate design principles, guidelines and best practice throughout the organisation to build knowledge and optimise service design delivery.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience of leading user interaction and service design to develop end-to-end government services through a variety of channels that are simple and straightforward to use and accessible
- Experience of using a range of tools and methodologies to design complex, inter-dependent and inter-related services that are 'end-to-end' and 'front-to-back'.
- Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
- Demonstrate successful experience of taking products through an GDS service assessment
- Experience introducing service design and agile ways of working practices, teams or organisations, including engaging with stakeholders of all levels of seniority
This role is to start ASAP and will pay between £500 - £590 per day UMBRELLA (inside of IR35) depending on your level of experience.
The rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.