- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer - permanent opportunity based in Kidderminster - salary up to £40k + good benefits, overtime and training.
Specification: IT Systems Engineer - permanent opportunity based in Kidderminster - salary up to £40k + good benefits, overtime and training.
Fantastic opportunity to join a small IT Team within a laboratory/manufacturing environment which is part of a very large, high profile UK wide organisation. You will help maintain and develop the IT Systems, Applications, Data Centre, Network & Infrastructure across three local Manufacturing sites
* Take technical responsibility for IT systems including server and network infrastructure including production and non-production applications
* Act as the primary technical support resolving technology, hardware and software issues to resolution.
* Pro-actively manage the network infrastructure with particular focus on the stability and security of the infrastructure and continuity of service, antivirus provision, backup management and system recovery in the event of a major component failure.
* Monitoring of hard disk space on all critical drives, and monitor the volume of data in tables, taking timely action where required to delete, archive or log file data to keep these running effectively.
* Follow Change Management Protocol - Plan, test and document changes. Request approval and schedule after authorization. Communicate and implement change. Knowledge of ITIL would be an advantage.
For this role, you will need the following technical experience:
* High level of systems knowledge - Business Enterprise Servers, Microsoft & Linux OS experience , MS Office
* VMWare ESXi 5.5, 6.0 & 6.5
* Installing and configuring Windows based systems
* Backup Exec, SSR, Commvault & Veeam Disaster recovery solutions
* Networking (LAN/WAN topologies) particularly Cisco technologies as a preference
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.