- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- Client portal
- About us
High Risk Buildings Project Manager
Public sector client is recruiting for a High Risk Buildings Project Manager who potentially has a local authority, building or fire and rescue background and understands the full scope of high risk building projects
High Risk Buildings Project Manager 9 -18 month contract
Working from home initially - (full expenses paid when travelling to Merseyside for 2 days a week once restrictions ease)
Public sector client is recruiting for a High Risk Buildings Project Manager who potentially has a local authority, building or fire and rescue background and understands the full scope of high risk building projects or may have worked on one of the major government building programmes. If you have an understanding of planning gateways this would be highly desirable.
Experienced PM, end to end delivery, Agile, understanding of the elements of an operating model and elements of go live and operational readiness, own the risks and issues
- Delivery - Accountable to the SRO for creating and leading the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Project Management - Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls and 'stop / go' decision points. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases.
- Budget - Develop the budget and track delivery within budget.
- Resources - Identify skill requirements at all stages of the project, recruit resources within budget constraints, oversee effective deployment of resources including: building
- Benefits Realisation - Deliver the agreed Business Case benefits and outcomes. Ensure benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensure appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place, and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the Business Case.
- Stakeholder Management - Work collaboratively with the SRO to jointly manage senior stakeholders. Ensure stakeholder interests are identified and addressed. Manage stakeholder communications and ensure buy-in. Form collaborative relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally. Build consensus across a large and often diverse group of stakeholders.
- Risks & Issues - Manage risks and issues and escalate to SRO where appropriate. Ensure strategic and operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigation actions developed, implemented and monitored throughout the life of the project. Ensure senior stakeholders are briefed, updated and where appropriate, enrolled in the management and control of key risks. Identify and engage specialists as appropriate.
- Governance - Held to account through the governance process. Provide all reporting as required by the SRO. Establish and manage Quality Assurance and Change Management processes.
- Assurance - Engage with with TDA and SDA assurance reviews and acts on recommendations. Organise assurance processes such as gateway reviews, as required by the SRO.
- Change Management - Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
- Guidance and Support - Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team. Promote effective individual and team performance.
- Project Performance and Controls - Develop and agree the vision and measurable success criteria with the SRO. Develop and maintain the Project Plan and integrates with other inter-dependent projects. Monitor and control project progress and performance. Ensure appropriate standards, good practices and lessons learned are sought and applied. Ensure the product / transition deliverables are well defined and agreed with stakeholders. Manage project closure and sign off.