- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Privacy & Cookies Policy (updated July 2016)
Gattaca PLC (04426322) and its subsidiaries, which include but are not limited to Matchtech Group UK Limited (04426336), Barclay Meade Limited (07091850), Alderwood Education Limited (07100181), Connectus Technology Limited (08335056), Application Services Limited trading as Provanis (03312947), Networkers International (UK) plc. (03934433), Comms Resources Limited (02630522), Comms Group Limited (04116284), Cappo International Limited (04222337), Cappo Group Limited (05503266) and Concilium Search Limited (09337792) ("we", “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Gattaca or the relevant subsidiary as detailed above.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
1. Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, submit your CV to us and when you report a problem with our site. Throughout your dealings with us calls may also be monitored for training and quality purposes.
2. Information we automatically collect when you visit our site:
a. technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
b. information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our consultants.
3. Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other sites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
1. Information you give to us may be used:
- a. to make it (including your CV) available to our consultants in connection with the recruitment process unless you request otherwise;
- b. if you have applied for a job the information you provide, including your CV identifying you by name, will be used to determine your suitability for the position and, if applicable, in determining terms of employment or engagement; in management information used to monitor recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies;
- c. if your application is progressed further, details may be disclosed to third parties (such as educational institutions, present and past employers, our employees and directors, credit reference agencies, insurance companies etc.) for reasons such as the verification of, or obtaining extra, information or providing you with a quote for insurances should this be required;
- d. for the purposes of ensuring the validity of right to work documents and other ID your details may be disclosed to an identity verification company who will conduct a soft credit check as part of the verification. This check although present on your credit file will not affect your credit score;
- e. if required by law or for the purposes of our business requirements (e.g. to auditors or third party service suppliers);
- f. if your application is unsuccessful, we may try to find you employment or work with alternative clients and may, therefore, disclose your details to other prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process (which for these purposes includes the process of gaining employment and any ongoing administrative process involved, unless you tell us otherwise);
- g. to provide you with information about other services and opportunities we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- h. to contact you about industry and sector specific information that might be of interest to you;
- i. to notify you about changes to our service;
- j. to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- k. to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- l. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- m. to personalise the content displayed on our website in order to present you with more relevant jobs and content based on your interests;
- n. as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- o. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- p. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
2. Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
1. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- a. prospective employers and/or clients for the purposes of assessing your suitability, even where those prospective employers and or client wish to remain anonymous until later in the recruitment process;
- b. insurance companies that require the data to contact you with a quote for business insurances, (where appropriate);
- c. advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- d. analytics and search engine providers, some of which may be overseas, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and with the verification of placements.
- e. Identity verification companies for the purpose of validating right to work documents and ID documents.
2. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- a. in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- b. if Gattaca or one of its subsidiaries has substantially all of its assets acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its candidates will be one of the transferred assets; and
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and is protected using industry standard Secure Layer (SSL) Encryption Technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and process sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure we conform to legal or contractual requirements, such as equal opportunities laws or obligations imposed upon us by our clients. Sensitive data under the Act is any of the following information:
- membership of political or trade union organisations;
- religious beliefs;
- racial & ethnic origin;
- sexual orientation;
- criminal convictions; and
- details of health and medical conditions.
All sensitive personal data you provide to us is stored within secure folders and will only be disclosed to third parties with your express written consent.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site;
- analytical/performance cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- functionality cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of region); and
- targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, including processing for marketing purposes, in accordance with your rights under the Act. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, or by contacting us at Gattaca, 1450 Parkway, Solent Business Park, Whiteley, Fareham, PO15 7AF or email@example.com
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer at DataProtection@gattacaplc.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.