- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Networkers cloud specialist on judging panel for the Cloud Excellence Awards 2018
Our very own cloud infrastructure specialist, Andy Slater, is proud to have been a judge for Computing’s annual Cloud Excellence Awards.
The awards, which will be announced at a glitzy ceremony at the Waldorf Hilton, London, on Wednesday 19 September, aim to recognise the very best of the UK's cloud industry, from the most innovative and compelling products and vendors, through to end-user firms.
View our latest cloud jobs
Andy, who joined a panel of industry experts, commentators and journalists from a variety of backgrounds, was responsible for co-judging three categories: ‘Best Cloud Project’, ‘Best Cloud Support Provider’ and ‘Most Innovative Cloud Product or Service’.
Cloud has the power to enable organisations to respond quickly to changing market conditions and to experiment with new ideas, products and tools. When used correctly, it can be an incredibly efficient way to set up new infrastructure and platforms, or to remove the management overhead of sections of the IT estate that businesses would prefer not to keep in-house.
According to a cloud computing study by IDG Communications, 73% of organisations have at least one application, or a portion of their computing infrastructure, already in the cloud – and 17% plan to do so within the next 12 months.
Andy said: “It was an honour to be approached and asked to judge Computing’s Cloud Excellence Awards. My team and I at Networkers work with a number of consultancies, Managed Service Providers and Strategic Integrations to provide skills consultancy and advice, as well as traditional and innovative resourcing solutions, over and above traditional recruitment.
“Networkers prides itself on being a household name in the IT industry, with attendance at all the leading events and expos, as well as meetups and forums. Cloud and security are the biggest IT demands in almost every sector, and it was reassuring to see a range of great cases put forward for this year’s awards. I wish all of this year’s finalists the very best of luck.”
Best Cloud project
- NHS Business Services Authority NHS Cloud Contact Centre
- 5874 – Chickidee
- CDW (UK) – VIVID
- Oxfam and Rackspace Migration of Oxfam application estate to Microsoft Azure
- SaltDNA – Salt DNA
Best Cloud Support Provider
- Version 1 Enterprise Cloud Customer Success
- N2W Software Cloud Protection Manager
- FreeAgent Customer Support
- Lucidica Journey to the Cloud
- Lucidica Best Overall use of the Cloud
- Claranet Ltd Best Cloud Support Provider
- Invotra Ltd Doris - Bracknell Forest Council
- CDW (UK) – ServiceWorks
- SysGroup PLC Best Cloud Support Provider
- HCL Technologies HCL Cloud Native Services
- OryxAlign Best Cloud Support Provider - OryxAlign
Most Innovative Cloud Product or Service
- Chef Software Habitat Builder by Chef Software
- The Good Exchange The Good Exchange
- Adaptive Insights, Inc. Adaptive Insights Business Planning Cloud
- oneclickTM – oneclickTM
- IPC Unigy 360 + Connexus Cloud
- FreeAgent Most Innovative Cloud Product or Service
- Anglian Water Services AMA Digital Transformation
- Relayto – Alpha
- Luminance – Luminance
- Oracle Most Innovative Cloud Product or Service
- Red Hat Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13
- 6point6 Cloud Gateway
- Top 5 highest paying jobs in Cyber Security
What are the top paying jobs in the cyber security profession? Shaun Turner, Senior Cyber and Infosec Recruitment Consultant...
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
Top in News & insights
- Resident robot appears in parliament to champion AI in education
Pepper the robot has made history, becoming the first of its kind to attend a UK parliamentary meeting and represent the art...
- 5 reasons why security clearance for IT jobs may be denied
Applying for security clearance isn’t a straightforward process but it is a necessity for certain IT jobs. Find out why you...
€60,000 - €75,000/annum
£400 - £450/day
€60,000 - €75,000/annum
£30,000 - £50,000/annum
Santa Clara, California
$45 - $80/hour