- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our solutions
Hiring companies use application forms to compare applicants on a like-for-like basis. You may be asked to complete an application form as an alternative to submitting your CV or as a supporting document. Either way, you need your application to stand out against the competition so here are some fail-safe tips to completing application forms.
Before you start:
- Check the deadline date and set aside enough time to complete the form
- For a hand written application, check if they have specified a particular pen colour or format like block capitals.
Read the advert or job specification carefully
Completing the form:
- If it’s an online application, write a draft answer first
- Stay within the word limit (if specified)
- Answer all of the questions - don’t assume an employer will have your CV
- Give clear, relevant examples
Before you submit:
- Review your contact details
- Ask someone else to read your answers
- Check that your spelling and grammar is correct
- For an online application, make sure you’ve used a clear font and that the formatting is correct.
- Save, scan or print a copy of your application for future reference (e.g. at your interview)
- Ensure you are submitting it or sending it to the specified person
If you need any help with applying for a job advertised on our website, please call us on
+44 (0)207 3950000.